Sometimes We Struggle, But We Must Keep Going

I posted this on my personal Facebook page sometime last week, but it, of course, only reaches those that already know me, and many that may not deal with day-to-day health issues (although I could NOT be more fortunate for the support I get from those wonderful people).  I thought maybe I should post it here too, so that maybe it'll reach someone out there that happens to be having a rough day, and needs to know they're not alone.

You are NOT alone in dealing with chronic illness or pain (in fact, I highly recommend looking up "But You Don't Look Sick" -- I follow on Facebook).

Here's my post/thought of the day from last week:

This sounds like it starts like a bad story, but it's really not...I woke up this morning the same way I've been more and more frequently waking up: from a dream where I somehow stumble upon a dream job (computer programming related, of course), and the longer I'm there, the more I realize that no matter how much I WANT to go back to work, and especially to this dream job, I start hearing things like "8:00 or 7:00 am every day" or just "every day", and especially being reminded it's at a computer consistently that entire time. Then the disappointment sets in that I'll never be able to accept the job. I start feeling the pain and stiffness, and that's eventually what wakes me up.

BUT this is where it's not as terrible a story as it sounds. For one, it shows my mind still hasn't given up...someday I WILL work again. But even better, in the mean time, even if I can't take my kids to school every day, there's many times I can be there to pick them up. And while I wait patiently for my body to get better, I get to run a blog whenever my body feels OK. I don't get paid, but for the most part, I get to read for free, and all I have to do is be honest (and you all know me -- detailed) about the reviews I leave. And I've made some GREAT friends, through authors and other bloggers.

My point? When life gives you some pretty crappy lemons, add all the other sugar you can find, and make the greatest lemonade you can with what you're given.

I'm not giving up. Someday I'll find a "real job" where I can work around my migraines and pain, and don't have to stick to a 9-5. Until then, I'm making the best of being mommy and reader for free! <3 <3

Comments

Popular Posts