BOOK REVIEW Blitz ~~ In My Dreams by Cameo Renae



Title: In My Dreams
Author: Cameo Renae
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Publisher: CHBB
Cover Design: Steph’s Cover Designs
Hosted by: Lady Amber's Tours



Blurb:

The dreams were happening again.

It was something seventeen-year-old Elizabeth Hayes thought she’d outgrown. She didn’t want them anymore; detailed premonitions of how people would die.

One night, Lizzy’s worst nightmare occurs. She dreams of her boyfriend, Michael Young, and soon discovers his car was found in a river, along with his lifeless body.

Confusion settles deep within when Michael appears alive in her dreams. He warns her, attempting to keep her safe from the very person who murdered him.

Awake, Lizzy must pull on her inner strength, not only to save herself, but also her friends whose lives are in danger.

In My Dreams is a story of trust, friendship, courage, and true love that lives beyond the grave.

My Review:
5 out of 5 stars!

Oh, my broken tear ducts!  The crying I did reading this book!  I’m normally the type that will skip over books if I know they’ll make me cry, but this is NOT one I would skip.  In fact, this was the second time I read it.  I wanted to re-read it before I wrote the review, since it had been a while since I read it the first time.  And I cried even harder the second time around.  The second time around, I felt like I knew Michael and Lizzy more – like old friends – so their story made me cry even more.  But in the case of this book, it’s both a good cry and a sad cry at the same time.

If you’ve ever found your soul mate, or can imagine what it would feel like to find your soul mate, that’s the spot in your heart that this book hits.  Lizzy’s soul mate died, but he refused to leave her.  He wasn’t going to leave her until HE was ready.  Until he was sure she was safe, and he knew that he could convince her to continue to live her life, no matter how painful it would be without him.

It certainly helped Michael’s need to take care of her before he moved on when they both realized she had such a special gift (that she thought up to this point was a curse) to know when something was going to happen to someone, and to be able to at least communicate with those that had passed when she was dreaming.  In this way, she could still communicate with him and see him in her dreams.   It was both wonderful and heartbreaking when they met in her dreams, because he did so much to try to make her happy, to make sure she knew how much he loved her and would always love her and be with her, even though she couldn’t see him.

Since Michael’s death wasn’t what it seemed, Lizzy was determined to find the truth, and find it in a way that the police would believe her instead of because her boyfriend that died told her in her dreams.  It was a great addition to the story, because although she was in potential danger, it was still something to focus on the help her move on, and Michael was at least partly there with her to help her.

This was such an incredibly beautiful story because even though Michael was gone, it was still a powerful love story.  We all strive to have a love like Lizzy and Michael’s – a forever love between two best friends.  Even though they were only 17, they found the kind of love that people spend their entire lives looking for.  And because of these two, this is a book I could probably read 5 more times.  It may have made me cry, but in a different way, it was a book that made you feel good too.  I would recommend this book a thousand times over.  A DEFINITE 5 star read!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author Bio:

My family is what keeps my heart beating, and my world a happy place to be.

I love reading great books that whisk me away from reality, even if for a little while. :) Writing is my passion. I love creating new worlds and new characters, and taking wondrous adventures with them.

In My Dreams & Hidden Wings were both recently published through Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing. Descent (A Hidden Wings novella) will be released May 15, 2013, and Broken Wings (Book 2 in the Hidden Wings Series) will be released June 1, 2013.

One day I will find my magic wardrobe, and ride away on my magical unicorn... ♥ Until then... I'll keep writing! ;)


Follow Cameo on:
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CameoRenaeFanPage
Blog:
http://cameorenae.blogspot.com/
Website:
http://cameorenae.com
Twitter: @CameoRenae

Buy Links:




Comments

Popular Posts