~ BOOK REVIEW ~ NEW RELEASE ~ It Must've Been the Mistletoe ~ by L.P. Dover


It Must've Been the Mistletoe
By L.P. Dover
Release Date: 12/15/2017

~Description~

Finding your soul mate is a dream Adeline Hamilton thought was just that … a dream. After several failed relationships, she realizes she’s not capable of falling in love. The only passion she’s ever had is teaching U.S. History at the local high school.

A week before Christmas, Adeline is all set for her best friend’s wedding, even though she dreads having to go to it alone. But when she’s given a Christmas wish that could change her future forever, she’s whisked away to the past, to a completely different place and time. It’s also when she meets him, William Blair, the man who steals her heart.

As their relationship grows, Adeline realizes that true love does exist. What she doesn’t know is that her wish can’t last forever, that soon she’ll have to leave the past behind. Will Adeline and William find their way back to each other? Or will their love have to stay where it all began . . . in 1865? With mistletoe and Christmas magic, anything’s possible.

~My Review~
🎄5 out of 5 Stars🎄

When deciding if I’m going to give a book I like a 4 or a 5 star rating, there are two simple questions I have to ask: 1) would I read it again, and 2) do I get angry every time I have to put it down because I’m at a part where I HAVE to find out what’s going to happen next. In this book, it was a definite yes to both! I swear with every page turn, I was sure the author was going to throw that dreaded curtain, where Adeline finally wakes up. Although it was written in a way where you were pretty sure it wouldn’t happen until after Christmas, there was no guarantee. I was also DYING to see when/if we found out that William was having the same dream. She was a sneaky one on that subject, Ms. Dover was. However, every moment of the book was well drawn out, and well worth the wait – not too much waiting, but not rushed, either.

One thing I’ve always loved about all of L.P. Dover’s books is the way she can paint any scenery (have you read the Forever Fae series?! My first love, and WOW! Even a completely made up world was gorgeous). In this book, I’ll be honest...I couldn’t imagine what 1865 would look like on my own. However, just a few minutes in, and I had the perfect image in my head of how they lived, and how much her town had transformed. I was ready to travel back into a beautiful, snowy Christmas in a time with no cars, few buildings, no electronics, and just lots of people actually interacting face to face!

I did wonder here and there about some of the words Adeline used, and that they might be a little too current day for 1865. She did mention she wished she had read more from that time to talk the right way, but no one seemed to respond when she spoke in a way that would be “normal” today – other than the occasional mention that she’s different than most, but in a good way. Again, I don’t know enough about the time period, so maybe it wasn’t as different as I would assume.

Overall, this was a sweet romance with a fun historical twist. It was a quick, light read, and although your pretty sure how everyone will end up, you’re not sure how they’ll get there, and there were more surprises in that process than I expected, which I really enjoyed. I would definitely read it again if I’m looking for warm and fuzzy, and would definitely recommend it for a love-filled (both romantic and familial love) Christmas read – especially for the little surprise from the author at the end, AFTER the story is over! 😉

Buy Links:
Amazon Kindle
Amazon (Paperback)
Barnes & Noble
Nook

Find L.P. Dover: 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lpdover/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LPDover
Website: http://www.lpdover.com/

Comments

Popular Posts