Just to Introduce Myself

Several years ago, my stubborn body beat out my stubborn brain, and I was forced to give up the only thing I'd known since I was 15 -- working, working, working, while aiming high for my future.  No longer working was a HARD adjustment, because although my body gave up, and part of mind, there was still a part of my mind that struggled to stay active.

I found my solice in reading. Reading EVERYTHING that I had missed out on all those years while working, and being too tired to  read by the time I got home. I'm STILL catching up.  My main joy comes from paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi, mystery and adult contemporary.  But it certainly doesn't stop there.

But the greatest answer came from indie authors, and how I found that they needed even the smallest people like me.  They may not have big publishers -- or any at all -- so they depend on their readers to get the word out.  Everytime I read a book, I always leave a detailed review on Amazon and Goodreads (I'll be slowly adding those reviews to this blog), and I share my love with my friends on Facebook. I've done beta reading, and I've made great friends. And the best part of all of this is that it's something useful that I can do, and I can do it whenever my body feels like letting me -- or feels like NOT letting me sleep (in fact it's 5am as I type this).

However, the small things aren't enough, and there are so many great authors that need a bigger platform, and other great bloggers everyone should know about too.  I have no idea how many people this blog will reach, but even if it's 5, that's 5 more people that may not know what great books they've been missing.

Oh...and the other loves part? There's some pretty amazing artists out there that do other kinds of art, YouTube awesomeness, new music talents, and sometimes I find other stuff to do that's fun while stuck in bed that others might find fun too.  I'm also a big, big nerd, so expect signs of that.  These things will probably be sort of a 'side bar', because books will always be my first passion, but I'm just getting started...so, who knows what I'll find, but I'm sure to share it with anyone who cares to read it!

Comments

Popular Posts